Skip to content
- An active duty military police battalion consisting of some 200 to 250 military personnel is now in the process of deploying to Washington, DC.
- They could be in the nation’s capital as soon as tonight.
- According to officials, the troops are expected to provide security but not perform law enforcement duties such as the arrest and detention of protesters.
- Two defense officials said the troops will be coming from a unit at Ft. Bragg in North Carolina.
- Because of Washington’s unique status, the deployment can be authorized by federal officials rather than the city’s authorities.