Skip to content
- The hornets are native to tropical Eastern Asia and prefer to live in low mountains and forests.
- The hornets have been spotted in Washington State and White Rock, British Columbia, and Vancouver Island.
- Queen Asian giant hornets can grow up to two inches long and are considered the world’s largest hornet.
- Large mandibles let the hornet tear the heads off of native American bees.
- The stinger can penetrate bee suits with venom equivalent to a poisonous snake. Several stings can kill a person.