- At least 80 veterans at Holyoke Soldiers’ Home in Massachusetts died from Covid-19 related complications.
- An additional 82 veterans and 81 employees have tested positive for the virus.
- Outbreak has claimed nearly 1/3 of all residents at the facility.
- Shortage of employees has been blamed.
- “Veterans were on top of each other. We didn’t know who was positive and who was negative and then they grouped people together and that really exacerbated it even more. That’s when it really blew up.”
Source: Fox News