- Chinese doctors are seeing the virus in the northeast region manifest differently among patients.
- Patients in Jilin and Heilongjiang appear to be carrying the virus for a longer period of time before showing symptoms.
- The delayed onset is making it harder for authorities to catch cases before they spread.
- The virus is believed to have stemmed from contact with infected persons from Russia.
- 46 cases have been reported over the past two weeks spread across three cities — Shulan, Jilin city and Shengyang.
- Scientists do not fully understand if the virus is changing in significant ways.