Skip to content
- The warships entered the area on Monday according to a statement released by the Navy’s 6th fleet.
- The area is international waters but the Russian Navy is based in Severomorsk, in a bay off the Barents Sea.
- The Navy notified the Russian Ministry of Defense before the maneuvers.
- Russia stated, “Northern Fleet assets are monitoring the activities of the NATO strike group.”
- Last week, Russia sent nuclear-capable bombers and submarine-hunters on long-distance patrols along Western borders.