Skip to content
- The World Health Organization said Wednesday that newly reported coronavirus cases worldwide hit a daily record this week with more than 100,000 new cases over the last 24 hours.
- The majority of new confirmed cases are coming from the Americas and led by the U.S., followed by Europe.
- Eastern Europe is experiencing a delayed epidemic but could implement lessons that have been learned at great costs in Asia, North America and Western Europe.
- In the U.S., all 50 states are beginning to reopen businesses even as models suggest it will lead to a steady rise in the number of Covid-19 cases and deaths over the next couple of weeks.
- The U.S. is now conducting more than 300,000 tests per day and has run roughly 10 million tests total.