Skip to content
- Infections reached 100,000 and deaths passed 3,000 on Tuesday.
- The number of cases now matches India’s number of intensive care beds.
- 4,970 new cases were reported in the previous 24 hours. Deaths rose by 134.
- New cases in India have risen by an average of more than 4,000 a day over the past week.
- India officially extended the lockdown on Sunday to May 31.
- India’s death rate is less than that of some other big countries, at 3%, compared with about 6% for the United States.