Skip to content
- According to BleepingComputer, a hacker named Shiny Hunters contacted them claiming they had gained full access to Microsoft’s Github account.
- Github is a repository used to store applications original source code.
- The hacker claims to have downloaded 500GB of private projects.
- The timestamps on the leaked files suggest the attack occurred on March 28 2020.
- Microsoft has not confirmed the attack.
- The hacker offered to sell some of the private files on a well-known hacker forum.
- BleepingComputer analysis suggested the stolen data contained samples, test projects, an ebook, and other items.
- Shiny Hunters says they no longer have access to the account and will leak all of the data online.