- The companies shares soared 35% on the news.
- Each participant received a 25, 100 or 250 microgram dose of mRNA-1273, with 15 people in each dose group, then another dose 28 days later.
- At day 43, levels of binding antibodies in the 25 microgram group were at the levels generally seen in blood samples from people who recovered from the disease
- Those in the 100 microgram had antibodies that “significantly exceeded levels” in recovered patients.
- Data on a second dose was not available for the 250 microgram group,
- The vaccine also produced neutralizing antibodies against Covid-19 in at least eight participants.
- However, the eight participants were rumored to be young and healthy.
- The company said it expects to begin a phase 3 trial in July.