Skip to content
- In April, new cases never topped 100,000 in one day, but since May 21, there have only been less than 100,000 on five days.
- The increase in case rates may be partially explained by increases in testing capacity.
- The number of new cases has slowed in many of the countries that were hit hard earlier including China, the US, UK, Italy, Spain and France..
- Many countries, particularly in South America, the Middle East and Africa, the rate of transmission still appears to be accelerating
- In Libya, Iraq, Uganda, Mozambique and Haiti, the data shows the number of known cases is doubling every week.
- In Brazil, India, Chile, Colombia and South Africa, cases are doubling every two weeks.