- The new poll was conducted April 30 – May 4 by AP-NORC and polled 1,0002 adults.
- Sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 4.2 percentage points.
- 55% of Americans disapprove of protests that have popped up in some states.
- 31% approve of the protests.
- 67% of Democrats disapproved. 51% of Republicans disapproved.
- 32% of Republicans approved. 25% of Democrats approved.
- 71% of Americans favor requiring people to stay in their homes except for essential errands, down from 80% a week earlier.
- 67% of Americans now say they favor requiring bars and restaurants to close, down from 76% in the earlier poll.