- According to NBC News, the lull in cell phone activity occurred at a high-security area of China’s Wuhan Institute of Virology between October 7th and October 24th 2019. The London-based News Verification Unit adds there may have been a “hazardous event” sometime between Oct. 6 and Oct. 11.
- The document suggests that if there was a shutdown in the lab’s high-security area, it could be proof that the coronavirus might’ve accidentally emerged from the lab.
- The document appears to account for only a small number of cellphones that one would expect to be located in a facility.
- Experts remain skeptical. A US official told NBC News that the report’s data “looks really weak to me and some of the conclusions don’t make sense.”
- It’s unclear who put together the document.
- US officials said that US intelligence agencies had received other reports suggesting that there had been a shutdown at the lab.
- US officials told NBC News that they are now going back to examine the data collected in October and November 2019, searching for signs that there might’ve been an anomaly there.