- Russian authorities say about 50% of the cases were asymptmatic.
- Total deaths in Russia reach 1,280.
- This is the fourth day of record breaking increases in cases.
- Moscow accounts for more than half of the total cases with a total exceeding 100,000.
- Russia’s isolation period has been extended through May 11.
- Putin told citizens, “The daily increase in cases has relatively stabilized but this mustn’t calm us down, the situation is still very serious. The peak is not behind us, we are about to face a new and grueling phase of the pandemic… the deadly threat of the virus remains.”