- A former Biden staffer, Tara Reade, claims in the Spring or Summer of 1993, she met Joe Biden in a semi-secluded corridor to hand over a duffel bag. She says Biden pushed her against a wall and reached under her skirt and penetrated her with his fingers.
- Reade claims that Biden made her feel uncomfortable by touching her several times over the nine months that she worked for him. She said he would often touch her on the neck.
- She says her hours were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event and that she felt “pushed out” of Biden’s office.
- The New York Times investigated Reade’s claims but could find no one to corroborate the details of her claims.
- The Washington Post interviewed more than a half-dozen of Biden’s former staffers who say they had no recollection of such a complaint.
- Business Insider published two on-the-record conversations with Reade’s friends who say they remember Reade telling them in the 1990s about the actions of the senator.
- The Biden campaign has denied the charges. They said “Joe Biden dedicated his public life to changing the culture and the laws around violence against women. He authored and fought for the passage and reauthorization of the landmark Violence Against Women Act. He firmly believes that women have a right to be heard — and heard respectfully. Such claims should also be diligently reviewed by an independent press. What is clear about this claim: It is untrue. This absolutely did not happen.”
Sources: Christian Post