Skip to content
- President Trump said, “Obamacare is a disaster, but we’ve made it barely acceptable.”
- The lawsuit argues that the “Affordable Care Act was rendered invalid after Congress eliminated its tax penalty for not having health insurance.”
- Attorney General Bill Barr this week warned top Trump officials about the political ramifications of undermining the health care safety net during the coronavirus emergency.
- The Supreme Court is expected to hear the case during its next term starting in October. A decision is unlikely before the Nov. 3 election.
- The court has previously upheld Obamacare in two major challenges.