Skip to content
- Transportation Security Administration is tweaking some airport screening procedures to limit contact with passengers.
- There will be more distance between travellers at security checkpoints.
- Passengers will place boarding passes on readers themselves.
- Travellers are urged to wear face masks during screening. Most major airlines already require face masks on board.
- Food, belts, wallets, keys, and phones should be placed in carry-on bags instead of placed into bins.
- The number of travelers passing through security checkpoints has risen sharply from April but is still down 92% this month from a year ago.