Skip to content
- The Gemini Solar project is expected to generate enough electricity to power 260,000 homes in the Las Vegas area.
- The project will include a battery system to store energy for use after the sun goes down.
- The solar power site will sit on about 7,100 acres (2,873 hectares) of U.S. Bureau of Land Management land.
- The $1 billion project will generate $713 million of economic activity during construction.
- The project is expected to begin this year and last until 2022 or 2023.