- The poll was taken by USA Today and Suffolk University on April 21-25 and based on responses from 1,000 registered voters. It has a margin of error of +/- 3%.
- 84% of Democratic voters support voting by mail. 14% oppose it.
- 43% of Republican voters support voting by mail. 53% were opposed.
- 68% of Independent voters support voting by mail. 33% oppose it.
- Democrats have rallied behind vote-by-mail as a means to avoid COVID-19 health concerns.
- President Trump has said he opposed vote-by-mail alleging it leads to voter fraud and favors Democratic candidates.
- Voting by mail is prevalent in Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah, and Washington.
- In 16 states, voters can receive mail ballots but only if they meet certain exceptions such as being 65 years or older, having a disability, or being out of the county on Election Day and during the early voting period.