Skip to content
- Wuhan reported five new confirmed cases on Monday, all from the same residential compound.
- One was the wife of an 89-year-old patient reported a day earlier in the first confirmed case in the city in more than a month.
- A local official in charge of the affected community, Zhang Yuxin, was fired.
- The cases were previously classified as asymptomatic, people who test positive for the virus but do not show clinical signs such as a fever.
- China does not include asymptomatic cases in its overall tally of confirmed cases.